My journey into all things woo-woo and holistic wellness started with toes dipping in the water. Years ago I found Gabrielle Bernstein. I loved her writing and the message she shared, but it was hard for me to interpret her wisdom into my hectic everyday life. Over the years, I dabbled in medium meetings, life coaching, essential oils, hot yoga and sage burning, but I wasn’t sure how any of it clicked with me. Every resource I stumbled upon seemed to be coming from a place of “enlightenment,” and I just wasn’t there yet.
A plot twist in my life path led me back to Gabby B, and her recent book The Universe Has Your Back. I was on my own for the first time in years, and I was craving stability and a beautiful new home to live in. The book encouraged me to try manifestation and look for signs from the Universe (what?) to find where I was supposed to be. After apartment hunting in New York and New Jersey for weeks and seeing my “spirit sign” of a butterfly in Hoboken, NJ, I found my ideal apartment complete with sunshine, space and a washer-dryer.
I was hooked.
Since my apartment manifestation, I’ve jumped in with both feet to crystals, vision boards, chakra balancing, ayurveda and jade eggs. I also haven’t lost my taste for wine, interior design, cooking and reruns of Seinfeld. I have realized that finding “enlightenment” is not a destination, and there is no lifestyle to “strive for” other than the one that feels beautiful to you. Through this website, I hope to introduce you to some fun “new age” practices that inspire, while mixing in some fun practices you can add to your every day.
A FUN QUIZ
…because I used to do these on LiveJournal all the time. #throwback
- Favorite board game? Life.
- Celebrity crush? Justin Timberlake
- Favorite TV show? Parks + Recreation
- Coffee order? No coffee. Green tea every morning.
- Favorite Podcast? Too many to count – Currently Crimetown, That’s So Retrograde, Almost30
- Current song on repeat? They Don’t Care About Us – Michael Jackson
- If you could only eat one thing the rest of your life? Cheese. And Bread. And Pasta.
- Morning person or night owl? Neither? I love my bed.
- Favorite color? Ocean blue
- Hobby you’ve given up but miss? Ballet
- Favorite city? New York, NY
- Summer or winter? Summer
- One of your favorite memories? Going to the beach with my family
- Favorite crystal? Tied – currently amathyst points and selenite
- Weirdest woo-woo thing you’ve done? Saged my parents house to try to get rid of bats
- Guilty pleasure? Rewatching favorite shows or movies 1,o01 times
- Latest Amazon.com purchase? Pink Himalayan Salt Lamp
- Go-to beverage? Water. Then wine.
- If you was a retail store, you would be… Anthropologie
- The last time you cried? My parents had a mousetrap in the house and I heard it go off.